Sunday, December 25, 2011

Hot Fruit Salad -- Merry Christmas!

I know it's been a while since I've posted.  I was holding out for some venison so I could do some nice recipes with that, but hubby and I haven't seen ANY deer this year.  So, here we are on Christmas day, and I am making hot fruit salad to go with the big meal.  If you like warm applesauce, you'll probably love this recipe.


Hot Fruit Salad

1 29oz. can sliced peaches, drained
1 15oz. can mandarin oranges, drained
1 15oz. can apricot halves, drained (cut into smaller pieces)
2 20oz. cans pineapple chunks, drained
1 21oz. can cherry pie filling
1 quart chunky applesauce
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tsp. ground cinnamon

Combine all ingredients and heat in crockpot on LOW for 3-4 hours or until hot.  You can easily substitute fruits and adjust the amounts if you do your own canning.  This would also be good with raisins or cranberries, and maybe some candied nuts sprinkled on top. 

I wish you and your family a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! 

Visit us at our new site! www.FlannelAcres.com


www.flannelacres.com

1 comment:

  1. This fruit is excellent! Good warm or cold!

    ReplyDelete