Friday, October 21, 2011

Squint Your Eyes, You'll See...

How did this all begin?  My mom had a crockpot when I was a kid, and it looked like the one in the picture below.  I believe I remember one of the first times she used it, too.  We were sitting around the dinner table eating, and I noticed the pot sitting on the counter across the kitchen from me.  Maybe I forgot to wear my glasses that day, I don't know, but the label was puzzling to me.  I said, "Mom...what's a CROCH pot???"  .... .... I'm sure up until that point I had never uttered the word 'crotch' before, much less at the dinner table in front of my parents!!  Oy, the laughter and red faces... 


Anyway, my mom used the croCKpot for many meals when I was growing up and I thought it was neat how she could fill it with stuff, turn it on, and let it fix supper for her.  The only bad thing was the torture of smelling the delicious dinner WAY before it was time to eat.  I'm happy to continue the torture tradition with my own family and hope that they not only catch on to the concept but that they also read the label correctly.

Visit us at our new site! www.FlannelAcres.com


www.flannelacres.com

1 comment:

  1. OMG, I'm totally stealing this term. Let's get this trend rolling. We'll have the whole world calling them crotch pots before you know it!

    ReplyDelete